In California, for example, there were 22,400 burglaries in December 2015, (the latest statistics available) 18% more than the average month.
When you leave your home, keep lights on, close your drapes, and never leave packages on your front porch. Thieves will follow delivery trucks waiting for an opportunity to strike. Most online retailers send emails and text messages so purchasers know almost immediately when a package has been delivered.
It is important to have the right homeowner’s insurance in place in order for these kinds of claims to be covered. Call us for a free review.
Facts- These might surprise you! Provided by “Protect your home”
- The typical burglar lives within 2 miles of the victim
- Homes in the center of the block are more likely to be burglarized than corner houses
- Most burglars are under age 25
- Almost all (95%) burglars are male
- A home without a home security system is three times more likely to be broken into
- Criminals drive through neighborhoods looking for places to burglarize, if there's newly fallen snow that hasn't been shoveled, they figure the home is empty.
•Get a security system
•Stop your mail and newspaper if you are traveling
•Limit landscaping close to your house
•Don’t advertise your vacation on social media
•Leave lights on when gone
•Always lock your garden sheds and garages
•Use a variable light timer to activate lights inside your home
•Lock your doors and windows
•If you gone, arrange for your lawn to be mowed
•Have adequate exterior lighting
Theft From Vehicles
While you are in the store, criminals are in the parking lot looking for easy ways to get into your vehicle. Keep all packages in the trunk; always lock your car, park close to the store, and in a well-lit area.